Friday, October 24, 2008

8) October Update (Part 2)

I was going to attach the following pictures to my last blog but then I figured I would keep them separate so if someone just wanted to see them they could do it without reading through the whole post.

Last week I found some pictures that I had taken in our kitchen at the beginning of this project in early June and was really surprised by how much I had changed. So on Saturday morning (October 18th) I had Mary take some new pictures of me, trying to replicate the same location and position of the earlier pictures and was going to post them side by side. I did that and I thought the change was pretty interesting, but it really didn't have the impact I was looking for. I closed the files with a promise to come back and work on them later.

The following day (Sunday) I was scheduled to run my first 5K (~3.1 miles) race and was so anxious that I woke up around 6 AM and needed something to do. I looked at the pictures again and decided to make a gif file so that the pictures would switch back and forth. The results are below.

BTW, it should be noted that these pictures are only FOUR months apart and have not been altered with the exception of resizing them so that the pictures and dimensions were equal. Also contrary to some accusations from some friends that have seen them, I did not bleach my hair in order to join a "boy band", but assume that the chlorine in the pool is the likely culprit! lol.

Roger
www.RFME.org





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow uncle Roger this is Amazing !!!

Anonymous said...

Roger
This is just amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. You are really an inspiration for all of us.
Love Carol & MIke Kenealy

One Mother with Cancer said...

Wow!! You look amazing...

TrueAgendas said...

Roger, you are truly an inspiration. Thank you for posting your story for all to read and see. Please keep going and keep posting - I can't wait to read about your Boston Marathon experience five months from now!

Anonymous said...

Roger, you look amazing! I can't wait to cheer you on during the race. Keep up all the hard work.
Bests,
Gisella

Anonymous said...

My Friend,

We are so proud of you and all your hard work. Keep it up and we'll be celebrating big in April.

Love!
Angel & Millie

nyosumba said...

I come from a country of marathon champions and our male runners have won every Boston marathon except 4 since 1988 and the women have won 6 times. As I read your post I am convinced that I too can live up to my country's reputation and be a runner. My excuse in the past was that I was too big but you have shown me its not about size...its about heart. The next Nairobi Marathon will be in October 2009...no more excuses. Thank you Roger, you are an inspiration

Anonymous said...

roger Ive watched you from the beginning of this journey,you are proof that with determination we can all do anything. I'm proud of you "keep on running"
Your mailman and friend, Jerry

Anonymous said...

Run Roger Run

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new lifestyle! I met you at Roche Bros. today at the "12 Items Or Fewer" checkout line. I suppose in the past you'd have been in the "Greater Than 12 Items" line! You look fantastic and your family must be so pleased... Congratulations and good luck in the marathon.

Best wishes, Mark L

Anonymous said...

Roger: Many years ago, your Dad and I did the Boston. I know from experience that the endorphin release is great and that spills over into every day life and happiness. I am 92 and still running 3 to 5 miles every other day and race competitively in four races a year. We are so proud of you. We'll be cheering for you. Dr. Tom Miller

Mike Willis said...

I continue to be inspired by you Roger & although my journey is new, when I get there I'll be thanking you.